The next big thing in
advisor tech could be you
TD Ameritrade Institutional Innovation Quest
The best ideas don’t always come from the boardroom. If you've got a FinTech idea to transform the lives of advisors and clients, we want to help you bring it to life.
We're looking for your game-changing, world-shaking ideas. The TD Ameritrade Institutional Innovation Quest is a competition to discover innovative technology ideas that can transform the way advisors do business and interact with their clients. And the winners will get financial support and exposure to potentially turn their visionary ideas into transformative tech.
You. The contest is open to advisors, FinTech professionals, technology vendors, students, and anyone else with a great idea. If you're on this page, you’ve probably already got some bright ideas and that's all it takes. Well, aside from creating your idea, submitting it to us and winning.
The top three finalists will each receive $25,000 and the opportunity to present their idea in front of a live audience at the 2019 TD Ameritrade Institutional National LINC Conference, February 7–8, 2019. The grand-prize winner will receive an additional $25,000 in prize money and potential support from TD Ameritrade Institutional to bring their idea to life.
Deadline for Entry: September 15, 2018
How to enter
Entering is the easy part. Coming up with the winning idea, now that’s the challenge.
Entries will be evaluated by a panel of industry experts. Areas of impact may include, but are not limited to: advisor efficiency, cyber-security, financial planning, client experience, digital services, and the future of financial advice. Finalists will be chosen based on which submissions the judges believe will add the most value to advisors and/or their clients, scored according to the criteria of transformation, efficiency, concept and technology. The top three candidates will compete for the grand prize at National LINC 2019.
Proposals should include
- A brief explanation of your idea
- The audience that will be most impacted by your idea
- The impact your idea will have on the RIA industry
- Your proposed solution to the problem or opportunity identified
- Challenges you might face and how they can be addressed
A video supporting your written idea submission is encouraged.
(Maximum length of video is 3 minutes)
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ONLY THE FIRST 300 ENTRIES RECEIVED BY SPONSOR WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS COMPETITION. Sponsored by TD Ameritrade Institutional, a division of TD Ameritrade, Inc., 1 Plaza Four A, Jersey City, NJ 07311. Enter by visiting www.tdainstitutional.com/innovationquest, following the on-screen instructions, including submitting a Proposal which is a description of at least one (1) idea for a technology that will help advance the RIA profession, transform the RIA client's experience, and/or help RIAs run more efficient and sustainable businesses. DO NOT SUBMIT ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP CONFIDENTIAL, KEEP CONTROL OVER AND OWNERSHIP OF, OR THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TD AMERITRADE OR OTHERS TO USE. FINALISTS REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO THE LINC CONFERENCE (Departing 2/6/19), AGREE TO BE VIDEOTAPED AND GRANT SPONSOR THE RIGHT OF FIRST NEGOTIATION TO DEVELOP, INTEGRATE, LICENSE, PURCHASE, OR OTHERWISE USE OR ACQUIRE THE TECHNOLOGY DESCRIBED IN THE PROPOSAL. Open to Individuals, Teams of 2-5 or U.S. legal entities where are those participating are legal residents of/domiciled in any 1 of the 50 United States or D.C. who are at least the age of majority. Void where prohibited by law. This is a 2-stage competition. Each stage is judged by the following criteria and weights: Transformation-the potential that the idea/technology will advance/transform the RIA profession and/or client experience (30%); Efficiency-the amount of efficiency the Proposal will bring (25%); Concept-how well the Proposal addresses the needs of the RIA's, and the degree that the technology's functions will be understandable to RIA's/clients (25%); and Technology-the degree of quality of the technology underlying the Proposal (i.e. user experience and technical design) (20%). Entry Period begins 12:00:00 a.m. ET 7/15/18, and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET 9/15/2018. Entries with highest three (3) scores become Finalists and must travel to LINC Conference to give a Pitch. Both Judges and attendees will judge the Pitches. The highest scoring Pitch wins the Grand Prize. ARV of each Finalist Prize: $27,500-$30,000, depending on # traveling. ARV of Grand Prize: $25,000. Total ARV: $107,500-$115,000. SUBJECT TO FULL OFFICIAL RULES. All content submitted must comply with the Official Rules, including, without limitation, the "Submission Requirements."